Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cody, Wyomining - Nov. 12th - 15th

I arrived in Cody on Saturday at the home of Lynn.  The weather turned wintery so we hung out at home but on Monday I went to work with Lynn. She works at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in the Buffalo Bill Museum.  I went to a staff meeting with her in the auditorium and learned all about a traveling exhibit that the BBHC had put together that is on display right now at Cheekwood, a museum and botanical gardens in Nashville, Tenn. It will be there until early March, just about the time I'm due to return to Arvada.  The Power Point showed pictures of the grounds - still looking all green - the exhibit areas, the truck that took the cases to Cheekwood, and some of the actual objects.   Lynn took my picture in front of "The Plainsman" a sculpture of Buffalo Bill that stands in front of the BBHC.

That night I went to the Irma Hotel for dinner with Lynn and some of her co-workers.  The Irma was built in 1902 by William F. "Buffalo Bill" Cody and named after his youngest daughter. It has great roast beef and steaks - so I'm told!  Lynn took my picture sitting on the cherrywood bar which Buffalo Bill brought back from France. 

I had a great time in Cody!!  Lynn sent me to Wheatland, Wyoming on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment